This year you came unexpectedly early… honestly, I wasn’t quite ready… But I am now, and Im happy you are here with all your festive motions all around… City lights are shining brighter, candles are lit up almost 24×7, smell of clementines and gingerbread cookies is in the air… that magic feeling comes along with you :)
Welcome December, welcome…
Our mood board and xmas activities for 2016:
1.First xmas decorations… We are up for stars this winter, here come some ideas to explore:
2.I love to walk around the city and look through xmas theme decorated windows. One of my little dreams has always been to have xmas drawings on our own windows, so this year we finally bought chalk board pens… let the dream come true: http://www.songbirdblog.com/my-hutch-has-christmas-window-decorations/
3.Xmas market and city lights.
4.With friends dinner tastes better :)
5.Welcoming winter with some winter crafts. This year, once again we will try to make a snow ball because we all love it… Wanna join us? Here is one idea on how to make it: http://fustany.com/en/lifestyle/diy/diy-mason-jar-snow-globe
6. I saw this lovely xmas dear and i thought we should make one for our girls to have fun :) Have fun you too :)
7. DIY table cards for xmas eve. There are so many ideas on how to make them and I’m sure girls have bunch of their own ideas, so let it be…
8. Gingerbread cookies – Still looking for my perfect vegan cookies, this year we will give a try to these ones: http://www.ilovevegan.com/perfect-vegan-gingerbread-cookies/
9.Whilst I was looking at some xmas inspirations, i found this lovely bag and i think girls would love to make one just like that: http://www.feiertaeglich.de/2016/11/einen-bambi-beutel-kann-jeder-gebrauchen-schnelles-geschenk-mit-kartoffeldruck-diy/
10.Saturday breakfast with fun table set.
11.Its time for xmas cards: http://www.studiocalico.com/galleries/103596-warmest-wishes
12.Table decorations and xmas tree: http://www.thouswell.co/diy-christmas-table-decor/
13.Xmas accessories – DIY Garland: http://blog.brika.com/blog/2012/12/04/anabelas-diy-project-2-star-garland/
14.Xmas story telling night.
15. Winters in The Netherlands are not cold, so i had an idea to create that special feeling of winter with DIY ice laterns: http://en.dawanda.com/diy-tutorials/crafting/make-ice-candle-holder
16. DIY winter crow:http://mrkate.com/2012/12/19/diy-ornament-headband/ :) Love this simple idea…
17. Walking down the memory lane, we are having xmas holiday back in Maastricht – mmm I remember the beautiful xmas market and the ice skating ring…
18.Its daddy’s name day and we are going to treat him with delicious coffee and a breakfast. Here is an idea on how to make your social coffee mug: http://diy-enthusiasts.com/decorating-ideas/christmas/cute-christmas-treats-gingerbread-cookies/
19.It’s a wonderful night, cause we are all together for a movie night. PJs on :)
20. DIY your xmas angel: http://kassamartat.blogspot.nl/2013/11/paperienkeli-kierratysmateriaaleista.html
21.Beard crafting for fun xmas eve. This year there will be more Santas in the house: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByMxQv1oKt8uWm5mcEhzR3NxeVk/edit?pli=1
22.Very special family gathering day, so many of us from many different parts of the world… we will be all together for a special xmas celebration… Wohooo :)
23. It’s time for xmas meal preparation and the queen of the night will be this beautiful cake. The same- best Tanni’s (mum’s) recipe but in a different dress this time :)
1 egg, 1 condensed milk jar (about 400g),50g melted butter, 7 tbs flour, 1tsp baking powder – all mixed together. Divide all the mixture in three parts and bake in the oven until they become brownish.
For filling and cover you will need – 300g sour cream, 200g double cream, 200g brown sugar – mixed with mixer together. When all three cake parts are cooled down you can place them one over other and in between fill with cream, the last bit is to dress the whole cake with the same cream and let it all soak in for about 5h or more.
Merry Christmas, it’s 24th!!!